Stock Kitchen Cabinets for Sale
Features to Look for When Buying Stock Kitchen Cabinets for Sale
The storage system takes up almost 70% of the entire kitchen. But that should not come as a surprise as they are very essential in keeping the cooking are organized and clutter-free. Can you imagine what the room will look like when bottles of condiments, plates, utensils, and cookware are left lying around or scattered just about anywhere? Not only will they become eyesores, they will make food preparation a messy and complicated affair as well. Preparing meals would take longer as well as you may need to go through a maze looking for the salt and pepper.
Fortunately, shelves and cupboards spare you from the horror of such situations. That is why adding and renovating cabinets are a must in every remodeling project. It does not matter whether you are building from scratch or simply refacing the existing storage system, you need to give time and attention to the cabinets.
There are two options to choose from with regards to this essential feature: stock and custom-built. Both of them have their share of advantages and disadvantages, which is why you must choose wisely.
Pros of Stock Cabinets
- They are pre-fabricated, which means that you do not need to think about the design and the materials to use during the construction phase.
- They are ready to install right after you get them out of the home improvement store and into your home.
- They come in a wide range of colors and materials.
Cons of Stock Cabinets
- They come in standard sizes, which meant that they are only applicable to kitchens that follow standard measurements.
- Their quality varies from one manufacturer to another and the materials used, requiring you to be extra careful when going shopping.
Pros of Custom Cabinets
- They can be made to any specification, making it an excellent choice for small or irregularly shaped kitchens.
- They ensure that you get exactly what you want—from design to finish—you get to decide what the storage system would look like.
Cons of Custom Cabinets
- They take longer to order and then create, and the entire construction process is complicated and dusty.
- They are almost always expensive as the overall cost includes labor fees.
If your main concern is the budget, you would do well to buy stock kitchen cabinets for sale. Most of them are affordable than the customized kind. Just make sure that they are made of high-quality materials and fits in a standard-sized cooking area. So this brings you to the big question, how do you choose the ideal stock cabinets?
Evaluate the Quality of Construction
- Make sure it is made of plywood or solid wood, and not pressed wood. Either material guarantees crisper details and is durable and long-lasting. If you intend to use the cabinets for a very long time, this factor must be a top priority.
- Test the doors if they open up to 180 degrees and check if the drawers fully extend. That way, you have easy access to the contents. Additionally, you need to ensure that they close just as easily. The last thing you need is to struggle with the storage when you are in a hurry to get food preparation done.
- Examine the work on the drawer’s joinery. Even if you are not a carpenter, you will be able to tell whether a workmanship is bad if parts are just stapled together. Without a doubt, such items will not last long compared to those that use dovetailed joints. You should also choose stock kitchen cabinets for sale made of metal box for longevity.
- Ensure that the finish is consistent. Apparently, low quality products have irregular color and finish that is visible on one cabinet to another. While you can always remedy the problem, you should not sacrifice quality over any other factor. So, even if the affordable cost is quite tempting, you must remain a wise shopper.
Set a Budget before Going Shopping
What drives people to impulsive buying is the absence of a shopping list and a fixed amount with which to base the number of purchases to make. Although stock cabinets are relatively cheaper, it is still wise to set a practical budget. That is because the storage system usually accounts for almost half of the total cost of kitchen remodeling or upgrade, which means going beyond that would ruin the entire project estimate.
And even if you only plan to replace the cabinets, a budget would give you an idea of the number of items to buy. If you do not have much, you may need to adjust the quantity. Is it wise to take quality down a notch to accommodate your budget? Not really. Then again, you can always look for cheaper yet better alternative. Think of it as choosing quartz over marble as a material for the countertop. Both display the same level of beauty, but vary in price.
Measure the Space Allocated for the Storage
As previously mentioned, stock kitchen cabinets for sale follow the standard size, which limits your design options. Still, you can have a professional view the space to determine where stock cabinets can be installed and where they will not fit. That way, you can decide whether to combine custom-made cupboards or leave the walls’ space bare. Proper measurement will also help you set a better shopping budget and set precise estimates for the entire project.
Pick Your Preferred Design
Not because stock kitchen cabinets for sale are rectangular in shape, you have to install them in straight rows. If you check out home improvement magazines or online design websites, you will find various ways to build the storage system in such a way that it will improve the architecture and interior design of the cooking hub, as well as your home. You should also consider using cupboards in different colors and materials to further enhance the overall appeal of the kitchen.
With these ideas, buying ready-made cabinets would not become a dilemma. Still, remember to choose wisely and do not let your emotions get the better of you. While affordable items will tempt you to overlook quality, this is something that you should avoid doing if you want a cooking area that is functional and practical.Back To Top.